Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Hours: Full-Time, M-F 8AM-4:30PM
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive and dependent on experience. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks!
Reports to: CFAO
This position is a full-time, warehouse-based role that reports to the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer, supervised by the Production Manager and works closely with the Director of Operations and Operations team. The primary responsibility of the Warehouse Manager’s role will oversee & act as the primary point of contact for shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehouse organization & upkeep, and related logistics. The Warehouse Manager should be able to work independently as well as part of a greater team, as well as being responsible for working with and training staff in warehouse duties. Forklift certification & warehouse experience is a must.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shipping & Receiving
- Ensure shipments are ready for timely pickup
- Accurate order picking and assembly
- Order fulfillment and freight loading
- Receiving and shipment of all materials (wholesale orders, inventory transfers, supplies)
- Manage brewery shipping & receiving schedule; communicate with freight contacts and wholesalers to coordinate dock appointments
- Manage Shipping/Receiving workflow in brewery ERP
- Physically deliver beer when necessary in our delivery van
- Facilitate inventory transfers to our taproom & between off-site storage locations
- Inventory Management
- Maintain accurate physical & brewery ERP inventory of all finished goods, packaging materials, and raw materials, ensuring inventory is rotated FIFO (First In First Out)
- Perform physical monthly inventories and aging audits on a regular basis
- Identify, investigate and reconcile inventory variances
- Maintains inventory of warehouse supplies and manages the cost and ordering of these supplies
- Warehouse Organization and Upkeep
- Ownership of warehouse/facility environment and ensure warehouse areas are well-organized, clean, and safe working environments
- Cleaning! Perform and delegate routine cleaning to maintain warehouse upkeep (opening, closing, sidework)
- Preventative maintenance for our PIT/vehicle fleet and warehouse/facility equipment (forklift, scissor lift, floor scrubber, delivery van, walk-in coldboxes, etc)
- Warehouse Safety
- Complies & educates team on federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements and safety standards of OSHA within the warehouse
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Acts as main point of contact for all Powered Industrial Truck safety certifications (forklift, scissor lift & delivery van operation training)
- Warehouse Operations
- Guide warehouse/production associate team in daily warehouse operations and problem solving
- Train and delegate warehouse duties to rest of production staff
- Develop & write SOPs for all warehouse functions
- Assist production team with day-to-day tasks as needed (keg cleaning/filling, packaging, barrel-moving etc.)
- Assist operations team with day-to-day tasks as needed (i.e., facilities management, purchasing)
- Record-keeping! Detailed records of all work performed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Forklift certification – required
- 2+ years forklift operation experience
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Must be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 (our entire team is vaccinated)
- Must have valid California Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Capable of safely operating 20’ long Sprinter delivery van
- Analytical problem solving
- Strong communication, good team dynamics, and stellar planning and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
- Take pride in maintaining a clean, well-functioning warehouse
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced atmosphere with poise
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs/Microsoft Office Suite, calendaring, e-mailing, Mac OS)
- Proficient verbal & written communication skills
- ERP experience a plus (we use Crafted ERP/Netsuite)
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies, materials and equipment up to 50-lb (I.e., 30-lb cases of beer, 50-lb malt bags)
- Able to maneuver 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud and temperature fluctuates
E-mail breweryjob @ almanacbeer.com with your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the Subject Line: “Warehouse Manager”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Almanac Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Almanac was launched in 2011 by Damian Fagan and Jesse Friedman, two avid homebrewers who bonded over their mutual appreciation for California farmer's markets. They set out to brew beers inspired by California’s rich agricultural bounty, and brewed their first beer—a Belgian-style golden ale aged in Sonoma County Zinfandel barrels with Sonoma County blackberries. Our name, Almanac, refers to the Farmer’s Almanac, a reference guide for farmers that has been published every year since 1818. Our motto, Farm to Barrel, was adopted to reflect our passion for brewing barrel-aged beers that showcase ingredients from California farms. All of our beers are brewed, aged, and packaged at our 30,000 square feet brewery on the former Alameda Point Naval Airbase on beautiful Alameda Island. Our portfolio of beers spans the gamut from delicate oak-aged lagers, to nuanced barrel-aged sours, decadent stouts, and of course, hazy IPAs.