Taproom Keyholder (Shift Lead)
Hours: Full time, weekend availability is a must & as well as all holidays the taproom is open. Full-time employees are scheduled an average 40 hours per week and no less than 30 hours per week.
Reports to: Taproom General Manager
Starting compensation: $17.00/hr + tips
As a Taproom Keyholder, you are the supervisor in charge when the Taproom GM is not present. You are also the face of Almanac and will collaborate with other Bartenders to provide a welcome, educational and exciting experience in the taproom. Taproom Keyholders report to the Taproom GM and are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the taproom and supervision of its staff, including serving beer, selling merch, bussing tables, maintaining the physical space, keeping the team on task and answering any questions from guests, while being a passionate brand ambassador for Almanac Beer Co and craft beer. We work in a high volume, fast-paced and family friendly environment.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible & secure opening, closing and lockup of the facility and taproom
- Manager on duty when Taproom GM is not present
- Ensure team is meeting customer service standards
- Proper cash handling during opening and closing procedures
- Ensure team is doing side work, opening, and closing checklists
- Assist with facilitation of private events including event coordination, set up, take down, event execution
- Continue beer education & encourage and help staff to continue beer education
- Managing table reservations
- Keeping up swag wall appearances
- Weekly meetings with General Manager and Supervisor
- Web store order & inventory management & fulfillment
- Administrative/office duties for taproom & brewery
- Excellent customer service!
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs
- Develop an intimate knowledge of Almanac Beer and pro-actively expand on beer education knowledge (menu items, prices, beer styles & ingredients)
- Be an effective brand ambassador, manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience
- Ethical cash handling
- Cleaning: maintain cleanliness and sanitation of taproom at all times.
- Stocks taproom as necessary with items such as glassware, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and supplies
- Give tours
- Perform opening set up and closing clean-up duties & sidework of taproom and bar
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (our entire team is vaccinated)
- Maintains knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations and verifies legal drinking age of customers
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere with grace
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Able to move 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Know sour beer yeast-bacteria
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience with public and private events
- Draft tech wizard
- 2 years in high volume beer centric environment
- Chalk art
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet
- Resourceful and creative
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization
- Actively looks for ways to help people and works as a team member
E-mail email@example.com with your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the Subject Line: “Taproom Keyholder”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Almanac Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Almanac was launched in 2011 by Damian Fagan and Jesse Friedman, two avid homebrewers who bonded over their mutual appreciation for California farmer's markets. They set out to brew beers inspired by California’s rich agricultural bounty, and brewed their first beer—a Belgian-style golden ale aged in Sonoma County Zinfandel barrels with Sonoma County blackberries. Our name, Almanac, refers to the Farmer’s Almanac, a reference guide for farmers that has been published every year since 1818. Our motto, Farm to Barrel, was adopted to reflect our passion for brewing barrel-aged beers that showcase ingredients from California farms. All of our beers are brewed, aged, and packaged at our 30,000 square feet brewery on the former Alameda Point Naval Airbase on beautiful Alameda Island. Our portfolio of beers spans the gamut from delicate oak-aged lagers, to nuanced barrel-aged sours, decadent stouts, and of course, hazy IPAs.