Almanac Production Associate 1
Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours/week) OR Part-Time (20-29 hours/week)
Compensation: $18-22/hour. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks!
Reports to: Production Manager
Almanac Beer Co is seeking a Full-Time or Part-Time Production Associate to join our small team in our production facility in Alameda. The Production Associate I position is Almanac’s entry level role on the production team. Applicants with little to no direct production brewery experience are encouraged to apply. This role involves production manual tasks in a team environment largely focused on the packaging line, keg filling/washing, and warehouse operations with regular opportunity for more advanced training. Data management, teamwork, mechanical aptitude, a good attitude, and a desire to learn and grow professionally are key to success in this position.
Production Associates execute all packaging operations, maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness, and assist with order building, shipping & receiving and some deliveries. Production Associates have an unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position will start with a packaging operations focus but requires the flexibility to assist where needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packaging operations: execute all packaging operations including canning, bottling, and kegging. Daily keg cleaning!
- Shipping & receiving: Assist with shipping and receiving. Including building orders, receiving deliveries, and loading orders.
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness: Organize brewery work areas and warehouse storage areas. Daily janitorial maintenance of warehouse including daily warehouse cleaning, mopping and floor scrubber operation
- Assist the operations team with preventative maintenance of brewery equipment and various facility maintenance tasks and facility improvement projects
- Assist the production team with cellar activities, barrel cleaning, barrel moving and organization
- Assist as needed with delivery driving: Safely operate Sprinter Van to assist with deliveries as needed to our SF taproom and Greater Bay Area customers within 50 mile radius of Alameda.
- Dump kegs & cases of out of code product
- Conduct inventory cycle counts
- Record keeping: Detailed records of all work performed, including ERP data management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of experience in a capacity that is applicable to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with packaging operations or warehouse operations is a strong plus.
- Forklift experience is a strong plus.
- Pre-employment background check and DMV check required
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift materials up to 50-lb (I.e., 30-lb cases of beer, 50-lb bags of malt)
- Able to maneuver up to 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including morning/mid/evening shifts.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet
- Resourceful and creative
- Ability to work independently while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization
- Have a passion for making great beer
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the Subject Line: “Production Associate I”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Almanac Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.