Production Associate II (Packaging Lead)
Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Hours: Full time
Compensation: Expected base hourly pay for Production Associate II ranges from $22 to $26/hour. Pay is based on a number of factors including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and operational factors. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks.
Reports to: Production Manager
The Production Associate II has demonstrated complete competency of Production Associate I responsibilities. A Production Associate II can lead the packaging team in kegging, bottling, and canning fresh and sour beer while ensuring that all quality standards have been met. Production Associate II members collaborate with Production department leadership to develop and continuously improve SOPs. Production Associate II members are responsible for maintaining inventory of all packaging materials. Production Associate II members are responsible for training Production Associate I in collaboration with management.
Production Associates execute all packaging operations, maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness, and assist with building orders, shipping and receiving and deliveries. Production Associates have an unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position requires the flexibility to assist where needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packaging operations: Lead and execute all packaging operations including canning, bottling, and kegging. Daily keg cleaning!
- Shipping & receiving: Assist with shipping and receiving as needed. Including building orders, receiving deliveries, and loading orders.
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness: Organize brewery work areas and warehouse storage areas. Daily janitorial maintenance of warehouse including daily warehouse cleaning, mopping and floor scrubber operation
- Assist the operations team with preventative maintenance of brewery equipment and various facility maintenance tasks and facility improvement projects
- Assist the production team with cellar activities, barrel cleaning, barrel moving and organization
- Assist with occasional delivery driving: Safely operate Sprinter Van to assist with deliveries as needed to our wholesaler and Greater Bay Area customers within 50 mile radius of Alameda.
- Dump kegs & cases of out of code product
- Conduct inventory cycle counts
- Record keeping: Detailed records of all work performed, including ERP data management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of experience in a capacity that is applicable to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with Palmer canning lines is a strong plus.
- Must pass post-offer pre-employment background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (our entire staff is vaccinated)
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including morning/mid/evening/weekend shifts.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift materials up to 50-lb (I.e., 30-lb cases of beer, 50-lb bags of malt)
- Able to maneuver up to 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet
- Resourceful and creative
- Ability to work independently while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization
- Have a passion for making great beer
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the Subject Line: “Production Associate”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Almanac Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Almanac was launched in 2011 by Damian Fagan and Jesse Friedman, two avid homebrewers who bonded over their mutual appreciation for California farmer's markets. They set out to brew beers inspired by California’s rich agricultural bounty, and brewed their first beer—a Belgian-style golden ale aged in Sonoma County Zinfandel barrels with Sonoma County blackberries. Our name, Almanac, refers to the Farmer’s Almanac, a reference guide for farmers that has been published every year since 1818. Our motto, Farm to Barrel, was adopted to reflect our passion for brewing barrel-aged beers that showcase ingredients from California farms. All of our beers are brewed, aged, and packaged at our 30,000 square feet brewery on the former Alameda Point Naval Airbase on beautiful Alameda Island. Our portfolio of beers spans the gamut from delicate oak-aged lagers, to nuanced barrel-aged sours, decadent stouts, and of course, hazy IPAs.