Almanac Regional Sales Manager (East Bay)
Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and DOE. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks! Compensation package includes salary & sales bonuses.
Territory: East Bay & greater Bay Area as needed
Reports to: Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
As the frontline sales liaison between our customers (wholesalers/retailers) and Almanac, this position is responsible for the generation, oversight, execution and management of all sales related efforts in a given territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and maintenance of existing customer relationships as well as the development of new relationships
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and achieve sales goals
- Assist in account and wholesaler beer education and training programs
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
- Manage allocations and forecast orders
- Execute overall sales strategy and achieve sales goals
- Monitor the effectiveness of sales programs/incentives; arranging and chairing meetings as needed.
- Maintaining familiarity with and keeping up with changes in the competitive landscape (ie, food and beer trends), products, business culture and competition
- Know and understand the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) laws pertaining to the supplier, wholesaler and retailer in your specific area
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of craft beer industry sales experience or other relevant outside sales experience
- Ability to take initiative and work with a limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present & speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions, and effectively collaborate with diverse groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite applications including Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Strong sense of urgency and proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Must have a personal vehicle that is in good working condition
- Must provide proof of valid California Driver’s License, CA vehicle registration and automobile insurance
- Must provide proof of a clean driving record
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Cicerone or equivalent training a plus
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Qualified applicants please send your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the subject line "Almanac Sales Manager - East Bay" to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Almanac Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Almanac was launched in 2011 by Damian Fagan and Jesse Friedman, two avid homebrewers who bonded over their mutual appreciation for California farmer's markets. They set out to brew beers inspired by California’s rich agricultural bounty, and brewed their first beer—a Belgian-style golden ale aged in Sonoma County Zinfandel barrels with Sonoma County blackberries. Our name, Almanac, refers to the Farmer’s Almanac, a reference guide for farmers that has been published every year since 1818. Our motto, Farm to Barrel, was adopted to reflect our passion for brewing barrel-aged beers that showcase ingredients from California farms. All of our beers are brewed, aged, and packaged at our 30,000 square feet brewery on the former Alameda Point Naval Airbase on beautiful Alameda Island. Our portfolio of beers spans the gamut from delicate oak-aged lagers, to nuanced barrel-aged sours, decadent stouts, and of course, hazy IPAs.