Compensation: Hourly + tips. Medical/dental/vision, 401(k) and other benefits are available
Hours: Full-time, weekend availability is a must
The Taproom Supervisor reports to our Taproom General Manager and helps manage all of the day-to-day operations of the Alameda Taproom. This person will have a strong knowledge of all things hospitality, beer and customer service as well as the ability to establish and achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality and appearance while maintaining a culture and atmosphere consistent with the Almanac brand.
Responsibilities include managing bartenders, communication and coordination of all happenings with the GM, reporting sales and purchasing, cash handling, maintenance of supplies, coordination of reservations and events.
Duties & Responsibilities
Enhanced Customer Experience
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting experience in the taproom
- Manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience
- Manage taproom inventory ordering and inventory control (beer, other beverages, snacks, supplies)
- Facilitate the coordination for all reservations and special events hosted in the taproom (field email inquiries, maintain reservation calendar, manage day-of reservation logistics, setup/breakdown)
- Assist GM with creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for taproom operations (opening/closing checklist, sidework, tours)
- Triage and respond to customer email and phone messages
- Generate daily menus
- Give tours
- Assist with Taproom reporting as necessary
- Ensure team is meeting customer service standards, adhering to SOPs and performing side-work
- Foster continued growth of team by leading through example – set the standard
- Act as the training liaison for team & motivate the team by teaching new service techniques, encourage and facilitate beer education knowledge
Coordinate Taproom Service:
- Ensure perfect taproom setup everyday per visual standards
- Perform daily walk through of taproom facilities: front entrance, bar, bathrooms, lights, tables & chairs, flooring, merch wall. Maintain a perfectly clean taproom at all times.
- Oversee service as it happens
- Always align taproom standards and operations to vision of the Almanac Beer Co.
- Proper cash handling during opening and closing procedures
- Settle all cash and credit card transactions
- Perform a physical walk-through of the building and close it down
Communications and Reporting:
- Solve guest issues: credit card mis-charges, lost & found, excessive wait times, service issues, etc.
- Communicate daily with GM to review prior day sales, present days notes, upcoming events, general operational issues as initiated by Keyholders
- Weekly meeting with General Manager and Keyholders
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Maintains knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations and verifies legal drinking age of customers
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced atmosphere with grace
Bonus point skills:
- Know sour beer yeast-bacteria
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience with public and private events
- Draft tech wizard
- 2 years in high volume beer centric environment
- Chalk art
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Able to move 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include in your cover letter how you like your coffee so we know you read this whole thing – attention to detail matters.
Pre-employment background check and DMV check required.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.