Farmer’s Market Beertender
Compensation: Hourly + tips. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks!
Hours: Part-time, weekend availability is a must
Reports to: Taproom General Manager
Almanac is hiring a passionate and personable Farmer’s Market Beertender to join our retail team heading up our Farmer’s Market booth in CUESA’s Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market every Saturday. As a Farmer’s Market Beertender, you are the face of Almanac and will provide a welcome, educational and exciting experience in our Farmer’s Market booth. The Farmer’s Market team will also be cross-trained to work as a Beertender in our Taproom in Alameda.
Farmer’s Market Beertenders report to the Taproom GM and are responsible for day-to-day operation of the Farmer’s Market booth including full load-in, setup, service, and breakdown of the booth. At the booth, beertenders will be sampling beer, maintaining the physical space and answering any questions from guests, while being a passionate brand ambassador for Almanac Beer Co and craft beer.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service and serve our craft beer in a proficient and knowledgeable way
- Educate customers about craft beer and represent Almanac as a brand ambassador of the company
- Ensure the Taproom Facilities & Farmer’s Market booth are clean and comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards at all times. Ie., service areas, bar area, counters, sinks, glassware, storage areas
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting; anticipate and respond to guest needs
- Full load-in and break down of delivery van, starting in Alameda, driving to SF, and driving back to Alameda.
- Booth setup & ready for service by 8am
- Maintain safe, clean, and attractive booth adhering to visual standards of the company
- Offer samples and 4oz pours to encourage customers to purchase beer to go.
- Full load-in and break down of booth.
- Unload equipment at brewery.
- Report numbers and can information back to manager.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of Almanac Beer and pro-actively expand on beer education knowledge (menu items, prices, beer styles & ingredients)
- Be an effective brand ambassador, manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience
- Ethical cash handling
- Cleaning: maintain cleanliness and sanitation of taproom at all times.
- Stocks taproom as necessary with items such as glassware, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and supplies
- Give tours
- Perform opening set up and closing clean-up duties & sidework of taproom and bar
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Prior customer service experience
- Clean driving record & possesses valid California Driver’s License
- Operate 20’ long delivery vehicle (Sprinter Van)
- Dedication to work outside in the Farmer’s Market rain or shine
- Early morning shifts required
- Maintains knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations and verifies legal drinking age of customers
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced atmosphere with grace
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Able to move 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools) (Taproom)
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud (Taproom)
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards.
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization.
- Have a passion for making great beer
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include in your cover letter how you like your coffee so we know you read this whole thing – attention to detail matters.
Pre-employment background check and DMV check required.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.