Almanac is hiring passionate and talented brewers to join our production team! We work in a rotating and cross-trained environment. Must be comfortable with morning or afternoon shift.
Hours: Full time, hourly
Compensation: TBD, Based on experience
Duties & responsibilities:
BREWING: Produce wort from a recipe following an SOP and adjust accordingly to meet brew specifications, including grain in/out, CIP, etc. Develop, implement, and refine SOPs in conjunction with Head Brewer and train all brewing staff for new recipes and ingredients. Maintain and implement all measures of QA/QC as directed by management.
FRESH & SOUR CELLAR OPERATIONS: Cellar CIP, yeast management, barrel cleaning, transfers, blending etc. Cleaning and more cleaning.
PACKAGING ASSISTANCE: including canning, bottling, and kegging. Everyone cleans kegs!
LAB ASSISTANCE: Yeast counts, DO readings, gravities, pH, titratable acidity, PCR, etc.
RECORD KEEPING: Detailed records of all work performed. We will be using an ERP based brewing management suite.
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE: Assist as needed with the preventative maintenance of all brewery equipment. Bottling lines, boilers, water treatment, etc.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING: Assist as needed.
3-5 years experience, and/or college education or trade equivalent. This is not an entry level position, come at us with the skillset to match!
Bonus point skills:
– Commercial Electrical
– Forklift ninja
– Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet
– Resourceful and creative
– Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards
– Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
– Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
– Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills
– Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization
– Physical strength and agility necessary with ability to lift 100 lbs repeatedly
– Have a passion for making great beer
– Love of fancy coffee a plus
Please submit a resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include in your cover letter how you like your coffee so we know you read this whole thing – attention to detail matters.
Pre-employment background check and DMV check required.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.