Hours: Part time, weekend availability is a must
Compensation: Hourly + tips
Almanac is hiring a passionate and personable beertender to join our taproom team. As an Almanac Beertender, you are the face of Almanac and will collaborate with other beertenders to provide a welcome, educational and exciting experience in the taproom. Beertenders report to the Taproom GM and are responsible for day-to-day operation of the taproom, including serving beer, selling merch, bussing tables, maintaining the physical space and answering any questions from guests, while being a passionate brand ambassador for Almanac Beer Co and craft beer. We work in a high volume, fast-paced and family-friendly environment.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service!
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs
- Develop an intimate knowledge of Almanac Beer and pro-actively expand on beer education knowledge (menu items, prices, beer styles & ingredients)
- Be an effective brand ambassador, manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience
- Ethical cash handling
- Cleaning: maintain cleanliness and sanitation of taproom at all times.
- Stocks taproom as necessary with items such as glassware, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and supplies
- Give tours
- Perform opening set up and closing clean-up duties & sidework of taproom and bar
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Maintains knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations and verifies legal drinking age of customers
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced atmosphere with grace
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Able to move 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Bonus point skills:
- Know sour beer yeast-bacteria
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience with public and private events
- Draft tech wizard
- 2 years in high volume beer centric environment
- Chalk art
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet
- Resourceful and creative
- Consistent character
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization
- Actively looks for ways to help people and works as a team member
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include in your cover letter how you like your coffee so we know you read this whole thing – attention to detail matters.
Pre-employment background check and DMV check required.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.